Monday, July 2, 2007

And that's the way it is...

This borrowed from the Associated Press:

WASHINGTON (July 2) - President Bush spared former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby from a 2 1/2-year prison term in the CIA leak case Monday, delivering a political thunderbolt in a highly charged criminal case. Bush said the sentence was just too harsh.


As rich a topic as this would be to write about, Unsaid is not a political space. At the risk of disappointing its valued readers, I will not use this journal as a vehicle for my own personal feelings about whether our president is living proof that you can be born into wealth and privilege and still be arrogant trailer trash with no sense of shame or responsibility who doesn't hold anyone in his administration accountable for anything. As an impartial reporter of the facts, I am also obligated to keep readers guessing as to whether I feel attempts to cite the trangressions of people who are no longer president as a defense would amount to little more than a smoke screen to keep attention off the current president. 

I just wanted to be clear on these points.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sha....you can say it... hell, I'LL say it... "What a jackass."  ;-P

~Amy

Anonymous said...

This is what I like about you -- you're so subtle...

Anonymous said...

I'll say worse things than Amy.  Can I?  Naw.  You've got the right idea.  Got ya bookmarked, buddy!

Russ

Anonymous said...

I've been saying all along the idiot needs to be impeached. If the second Vietnam (Iraq war) isn't enough to convince these ignorant pea brains I don't know what is. Lately it feels as though we are under a King's rule instead of the Democratic view of "We The People". What " people" no one is listening to the people now are they?
(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I think this Leo's comments are best left silent on this one,or I would be here all day growling.Thanx for your visit to mine .Have a Lovely  Sunday. Take Care God Bless.
Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I was surprised he did not pardon him. Probably waiting until the day he leaves office.